• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Centos mirrors ovh

LaurentQ

New Pleskian
Hello all,
I work for a client who has a Plesk environment hosted by OVH.
I try to install an additional php5.3 extension, through ssh access, but despite modifying the /root/.autoinstallerrc file, I still get errors due to the fact that yum points to OVH mirrors (Index of /ftp.centos.org/...)
How to point to Plesk mirrors?

Thanks IgorG.

I do this change. But to install a specific php extension, I have to do it via ssh. And each time I try to install with
Code:
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/pecl install mcrypt
, the response is
Code:
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/phpize not found. Run 'yum install plesk-php56-devel' to install it
. And when I run 'yum' install command:
Code:
# yum install plesk-php56-devel
Loaded plugins: presto
Setting up Install Process
http://centos.mirrors.ovh.net/ftp.centos.org/6/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"
Trying other mirror.
http://centos.mirrors.ovh.net/ftp.centos.org/6/extras/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"
Trying other mirror.
plesk-php-5.6                                                                                                                                    | 2.9 kB     00:00     
http://centos.mirrors.ovh.net/ftp.centos.org/6/updates/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"
Trying other mirror.
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package plesk-php56-devel.x86_64 0:5.6.40-centos6.19011112 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: automake for package: plesk-php56-devel-5.6.40-centos6.19011112.x86_64
--> Processing Dependency: autoconf for package: plesk-php56-devel-5.6.40-centos6.19011112.x86_64
--> Running transaction check
---> Package autoconf.noarch 0:2.63-5.1.el6 will be installed
---> Package automake.noarch 0:1.11.1-4.el6 will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

========================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                   Arch                           Version                                           Repository                             Size
========================================================================================================================================================================
Installing:
 plesk-php56-devel                         x86_64                         5.6.40-centos6.19011112                           plesk-php-5.6                         738 k
Installing for dependencies:
 autoconf                                  noarch                         2.63-5.1.el6                                      base                                  781 k
 automake                                  noarch                         1.11.1-4.el6                                      base                                  550 k

Transaction Summary
Install       3 Package(s)

Total size: 2.0 M
Total download size: 1.3 M
Installed size: 8.6 M
Is this ok [y/N]:
All calls are to ovh mirrors.

IgorG, I have already made this change, as stated in my previous response. ;)

Maybe the 24 hours are not over yet. I made this file name change at 5pm yesterday.

And from what I see, these are not calls to the 'parallel' mirrors, but to the 'centos' mirrors of OVH. I'm thinking that a different configuration is there?

I'm thinking that a different configuration is there?
Yes, using Centos mirror is on the OVH side and not related to Plesk.
I think you have to contact OVH support for reconfiguring the CentOS mirror.

After searches on the update of ovh mirrors, I found the solution by updating the /etc/yum.repo.d/CentOS-Base.repo with new links.

Back