• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Centralized DNS

BjornO

New Pleskian
Hello all,

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but my searches failed to find the answer I am lookin for.

According to this page, Plesk should have the capability to "(...) build centralized DNS for multiple Plesk servers".

I am looking to deploy multiple Plesk servers and have them all share the same set of DNS. However, I must also be able to move a domain name from Plesk A to Plesk B without zone conflicts or unintended zone deletions. I bring up the latter because, when moving a domain from Plesk A to Plesk B, at some point after the migration, the domain on Plesk A will have to be deleted, and this should of course not affect the zone for the domain.

Documentation on the slave extension does not describe the above scenario, which I would consider to be of major importance in building this centralized DNS. Does anyone have experience with this setup?

Back