• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

cgi-bin

F

filmy

Hi... Under the recommendation of a friend who's a technical wizard at this stuff, I migrated all my web sites from a Cpanel server over to a Plesk 7.5.4 server...

I did manage to get all my old sites migrated without a lot of problems however, now I want to install a couple of .cgi scripts on one of the domains and this is where I am experiencing problems... i.e., after I FTP into the domain, run the cgi scripts and try to install them through my browser as per the instructions, I'm getting either a 404 or 500 error.

No matter what I do, I am not able to access the scripts within the cgi-bin with my browser... I have checked and triple-checked the permissions and everything is good...

I am not a wiz at this stuff... In fact, I can barely run the server as opposed to the old Cpanel... Still learning.

Any advice?

Thanks,
filmy

In Cpanel, you had to run cgi scripts from within "public_html/cgi-bin". With Plesk you have to run cgi scripts from the "cgi-bin" folder but this folder is not within the "httpdocs" folder but on the same level as it. Also make sure you chmod the scripts to "755".

Back