1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

cgi-bin

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by filmy, Aug 24, 2006.

1. filmy

filmy Guest

Hi... Under the recommendation of a friend who's a technical wizard at this stuff, I migrated all my web sites from a Cpanel server over to a Plesk 7.5.4 server...

I did manage to get all my old sites migrated without a lot of problems however, now I want to install a couple of .cgi scripts on one of the domains and this is where I am experiencing problems... i.e., after I FTP into the domain, run the cgi scripts and try to install them through my browser as per the instructions, I'm getting either a 404 or 500 error.

No matter what I do, I am not able to access the scripts within the cgi-bin with my browser... I have checked and triple-checked the permissions and everything is good...

I am not a wiz at this stuff... In fact, I can barely run the server as opposed to the old Cpanel... Still learning.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    filmy

2. jwdick

jwdick Guest

In Cpanel, you had to run cgi scripts from within "public_html/cgi-bin". With Plesk you have to run cgi scripts from the "cgi-bin" folder but this folder is not within the "httpdocs" folder but on the same level as it. Also make sure you chmod the scripts to "755".