• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Change default path for sites, database, mail, etc.

carlosmp

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi - I am setting up a new server and have a second volume that is completely empty. I would like to have plesk use that disk for everything possible. The new server has a 150GB /dev/vda2, and a 500GB /dev/vdb1. I'd like to have it use vdb1 as the "home" for /var/www/vhosts (sites) /var/lib/mysql (sql), and /var/qmail/mailnames (mail). I've seen the articles for vhosts ( How to change virtual hosts location in Plesk for Linux? – Plesk) and the mail  How to change default location of mailboxes in Plesk for Linux – Plesk, Backups - How to change the location for Plesk backup files on a Linux server – Plesk. Haven't seen anything for moving the database default location...

TIA
Carlos.

The database default location cannot and should not be moved. Some of the paths are hard coded. Moving the database to a different path will break the system.

The database server normally hosts all databases. You can add another database server and set its paths according to your preferences. Adding and Removing Database Servers
Then you can host the customer databases in your own database server and not the system default.

Back