• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Change FTP user permissions

Jose Ruiz

New Pleskian
Hello.

I have a Plesk 12.5 - Ubuntu 14.

FTP client upload files with 755 permissions

What can I do to modify it, and FTP client upload files with 775 permissions

Thank You

Hi Jose Ruiz,

do you mean, that you would like to deny the possibility for the customer - -ftp - user, to change the permissions for files and folders, when he/she uses a FTP - Client?

I found a very informative link for you, where you are able to inform yourself about user/group - permissions on linux systems: => Understanding Linux file permissions | FreeOS, free operating systems

Pls. note, that IF you desire to change group permissions ( for groups like "psacln" or "psaserv" for example ), it can result in issues/errors/problems and could destroy the functionality of your vhosts structure for all domains hosted on your server. ;)

Thank you for the answer

I want to change the permissions only for a one ftp client account over one folder. I don´t want to change group permissions or change another ftp permission

ProFTPD: Umask
But as far as I know it cannot be set for a single account only, it is a server wide setting.

This worked for me using ProFTPD custom config (needs root access):

#go to ProFTPD config directory

cd /etc/proftpd.d

#create custom additions file

touch proftpd_custom.conf

#add directive to suit

<Directory /var/www/vhosts/yourwebspace.com/yourdomain.com>
UserOwner valid_user
GroupOwner psacln
umask 002
</Directory>

#restart service