• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change Panel from Apache to IIS

D

dotnetpower

Hello,

I have updated my Plesk 7.5.6 installation to 7.6 and it works fine. But i can not find any informations how to change the CP from apache to IIS. Can anyone help?

Hi Thanks for the information. I have also received the Solution from SW-Soft ;-)

reconfigurator.exe --switch-plesk-web-server --new-provider=iis

hello,

i can think of cutting a bit of memory usage by apache. but what is the advantage of switching from apache to iis for control panel?

thank you!

I have the same question as torwill.

Theres no information in the documentation about the differences between the two.

Hi,

for me, the advantages are the following:

- More flexibility
- Easier administration
- Controlpanel very easy on Port 443
- Easier Certificate management for controlpanel
- Controlpanel as a Subdirectory

Another big benefit is, I must support only One Webserver not two and the performance is better under control because you can use IIS6 features like applicationpool...

Thank you for the info dotnetpower

I currently have close to 200 sites setup and im not sure what risks are involved in making the switch.

Did you install from fresh or did you convert your server with lots of active domains?

Hi,

i have updated and switched a productionserver with a lot of customers. The switch was really unproblematic but its very important to make an acronis Image before running the command.

I have acronis installed but no license, its arounf $1000 isnt it?

Ideally I would like to use IIS but I dont think I want to risk making the change.

Thanks for the info dotnetpower.

this operation is quite simple for reconfigurator.
It just need to stop Apache>start web site in iis(probably reconfigure it) and change some settings in registry.
But however before switching to iis you should consider your iis filters because they may kick Plesk's site.

Yeah! This works a treat and allows you to use port 443 and stick apache in the garbage. Run the reconfig from the cmd line a couple of times if plesk doesn't start up again.

Thanks SwSoft - starting to get with the (only) program at last :D

Back