• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Change primary Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

g4marc

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
my customer has two domains, one of it is a alias-domain.
he wants to set this alias to his primary domain, so how can i change it?
i tryed it with deleting the alias, but i can't find the "button" for changing the primary domain?

have i to delete the complete abonnement and reistall all files and databases?
i know, that i have to change some paths in files, but it would be easyer, than to dump everything and upload again...

thx for help

Marc

I always do the following if I want to switch primary domain and alias:

• rename the alias to alias.old
  • rename the primary domain to the alias (you can do that in the hosting settings of the domain)
  • rename the alias to the primary domein

You should not go to 'Change hosting settings' but first to Websites & Domains and then 'Hosting Settings' next to the domain (not Web Hosting Access).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back