• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change Reseller

ManuelF

New Pleskian
Hello,

I can't find a way to change customer's owner, I want to assign customer_a from reseller_a to reseller_b and customer_b from reseller_a to my admin account. How is that possible?

Which is a big flaw, if you ask me. You have have to do the extra step, login as reseller, create the account there, and now the customer has THIS reseller as provider. There needs to be a way for the admin to change the customer from reseller a to reseller b and so on...

Also, while doing an upgrade from 9.x to 10.x, if you create a customer, you HAVE to define a abbonement (domain) which is created during this process, which makes no sense to me. I want to create customer's but assign them domain (abbonements) later, which is not possible actually.

"You can change subscriber for subscription but not move customer between resellers. Look at this documentation - http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk...uide/65124.htm "

REALLY??! It is a must have feature to switch resellers. For exmaple, we just did a migration from Plesk 9.5 to Plesk 10 and noticed some customers were assigned to the Administrator account provider. There is no way to assign these customers to their proper resellers?!

ANOTHER problem...

Why does Parallels insist on making things difficult?

Can someone tell us if and when this feature will be available?

We to desperately need to be able to move Customers between resellers. We have a development division of the company that creates sites under their own reseller account. Once the site is ready we then move the domain over into our production reseller account.

I may have to delay our upgrade to 10.0 until we can find a way around this.

Still no answer? I have to cancel our whole project to update our servers to plesk 10 this way. We just bought new licenses for additional servers, so we have to use 9.5 now? This is crazy, who the hell test's your software before release? Just did a test migration from a 9.5 server to 10.x, same problem. This leeds me to the conclusion that those functions are need URGENTLY:

1. We need to have the possibility to change the reseller of a customer
2. Migration Manager needs to ask to which reseller the data should be migrated

-- OR --

3. Each reseller must have the permission to use the migration manager so we can login as this reseller and migrate.

Well ...thanks. I know you are trying to help, but it doesn't change the problem. I guess you want all your customers switch to the latest products sooner or later and we are eager to change, but the function described should be there. I don't see any sense in NOT allowing to change the reseller, this doesn't break anything in the "new" business model of plesk. An answer like "we are looking into this" or something similar would have been nice...

I have the same problem and need to change the reseller of a customer.
Pleas provide information how to do this.

You cannot move customers between resellers currently. You need to create a new customer under the reseller and then move the subscription over to the new customer.

When you create a new customer you need to create a domain with it. Just specify a junkdomain.com or something and then after moving the valid subscription to the new customer simply delete the junk subscription which will allow the new customer (presumably under a different reseller) access and manage the previous subscription.

When is this going to be fixed?

If I login as admin I expect to be able to do anything - including moving customers between resellers.

The current restriction makes life unnecessarily difficult - we are small enough to cope with it, but I would not want to be one of the bigger players.

While I agree with you because I'm in the same situation I do understand their thinking. If you were a large hosting company and were just selling chunks of web server resources via Plesk to customers you would not want admins to be able to move a customer to another reseller as your resellers may be competitors.

I do hope they change this though :)

Almost a year later and no resolution. Don't bother upgrading to Plesk 10 unless you literally want to pull all your hair out of your head, no joke, it only gets worse!

Igor:

-How can we access the reseller's control panel from our admin screen?
-How can I add a customer to a reseller, since we cannot move them?

Thanks!

I'll second that!

Sometimes we need to assist resellers in doing stuff. I would like to have the possibility to login as the reseller. Now, I have to ask the reseller for his password. Not really a 'best practice'. As an admin, I should be able to impersonate the reseller account.

Tino

Absolutely agree! And this is not the only problem, Plesk 10 is riddled with such gotcha's! It is for example also not possible to create a new customer under a reseller from the admin panel - you have to explicitly log out as admin and login as the reseller to get this option. Pathetic.

We are not creating any more Plesk 10 servers or accounts. Those we have are being moved to Plesk 9 servers - painstakingly slow and tediously by hand as there are of course no migration tool available that will move websites from Plesk 10 to Plesk 9.

I don't care for the story that there are so many complicated things in Plesk 10 that a migration tool can not be made. Of course it can - just disregard the "business" stuff that very few customers are using anyway.

Get a move on Plesk. Cut the losses. Plesk 10 is a fiasco, get back on track with Plesk 9 or find your customers moving to other panels. I'm sure it's a matter of time before your competitors find out how lucrative a migration tool to migrate websites away from Plesk 10 would be.

Last edited:
I just learned that cpanel offers migration of Plesk 10 to cpanel since April. Even another developer can find out how to make a working migration tool. We'll just have to go that route since Parallels obviously are not going to deliver a migration tool away from Plesk 10.

Guys, at the moment Plesk really hasn't such functionality. If it's really very important feature for many people, please fill out the known template with full description of what you want, and how it should work. After that I will send your request to the developers.

Last edited:
Sorry for my ignorance Igor, what is this "known template" you are talking about? I will go ahead and fill it out if I know where it is.

I have just realized that this functionality is missing. I have upgraded to plesk 10 from plesk 8 awhile back and I have to now sort out all my domains and assign them to specific resellers, customers. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to do this currently.

Back