• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change Reseller

By the way I have discovered an easy workaround if you are comfortable modifying the database.

Simply go into the psa database and open the clients table.
There are 2 columns, parent_id and vendor_id. You can manually set them to the reseller of your choice. Note, you can figure out the reseller's id from the same table (they will have a type value of "reseller").

I just used this method for one of my accounts and it didn't seem to break anything, but there might be some hidden implications that I am not aware of.

Changing the parent_id and vendor_id fields with the account_id is not correct and breaks PLESK. Instead - create the reseller through plesk GUI and then follow the "easy workaround if you are comfortable modifying the database from mrpmeth".

>> Simply go into the psa database and open the clients table.

There are 2 columns, parent_id and vendor_id. You can manually set them to the reseller of your choice USING THE VALUE FOR pool_id .

>> Note, you can figure out the reseller's [pool_id] from the same table (they will have a type value of "reseller").
assign the pol_id

I just found this thread while trying to determine how to do this in Plesk 11. Unless I'm missing something obvious, it looks like this never got added to Plesk 11 either. The shortcomings I'm seeing with Plesk really are difficult to understand who made these decisions. I have another big issue where I can't add multiple IP addresses to a customer without giving that customer more than one subscriptions - it's 1 IP only per subscription. Another really odd decision by the Plesk team...

Back