• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Change SSH Settings

Roebel

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
Unknown right now
Hey there,
I am in charge of a Linux-vServer.
Unfortunately the last colleague set root-Login to „key only“, but is not taking care of anymore.

Is there a way to change this setting via the plesk GUI, maybe via using the Scheduled-Task-Workaround, so I can login with password and upload my own key?

Any help is appreciated!
Greetings
David

Thanks for the idea.
but I think the used plesk is to old for this extension, as I can't find it in my plesk instance.

What I am thinking about now is:
I could get file-access via recovery-mode with our hosting provider.
Would it work to upload new keys? How would I do that (never did that manually!)

Thanks!!

If you can get file access via recovery-mode with your hosting provider it might be easier to just enable password login. That would save you the trouble of fiddling with keys. I am sure that if you Google for something like "Ubuntu how to enable SSH password logins" (or something along those lines) you'll some detailed tutorial on what to edit/update.

If you use the Plesk SSH login for Support extension you can enable SSH login for Plesk support staff, then submit a ticket and ask them to change your SSH settings to password login. They'll be able to login from the Plesk network, because the extension sets their IP address range and installs their key for temporary SSH access. You do not need to have the SSH extension for it, just the Plesk support SSH extension.

Back