• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

change the default document for a site ?

I

iis-newb

How do I change the default document / directory index for a site on 7.5.1 on IIS ? I've not been able to find this thus far ...

Note: Please make no mention of .htaccess files of any type. This is not a linux server. IIS does not know what to do with .htaccess files. I seem to notice that every answer to this question involves modifying the httpd.conf (whether it be in linux or not).

Well, I'm running 7.5.4 and through Plesk, it's here:

Domains-->

DOMAIN NAME TO MODIFY-->

Web Directories-->

General tab-->

Preferences

Not sure where it is in 7.5.1

Or are you looking at how to change this in IIS itself?

I've resorted to modifying this in IIS thus far. I do not see that option in 7.5.1 , I was looking for a way for users to modify this on their own. Is that available in the newer version of plesk or does that also require admin level access ?

I just logged on as a 'client.' It seems that a 'client' has these options for the domains that belong to that client - in 7.5.4 anyway.

I'm not sure if 'client' is what you mean by user.

If you are thinking about upgrading, be sure you scour these forums as it appears some issues are fixed, and a few new quirks are introduced.

We are still in the process of migrating to 7.5.1 but I know a 7.5.4 update is in the future. Are their any major quirks that you know of off the top of your head that I should be weary of ?

We're still evaluating Plesk for Windows, so I don't really know what is new and what isn't, except what I've read on the forum. For us, it looks like it's going to do quite nicely - a big driving factor is that we have access to very very good Windows people, but not so much Linux.

Some issues I've seen:

Running PHPMYADMIN causes the license key to reset and your key needs to be uploaded again (fix is in the troubleshooting forum)

Some folks have been having trouble with web mail (we won't be using web mail so that doesn't concern me too much)

There was mention of stats problems (specifically AWStats)

You should check out the troubleshooting forum so you can make a more informed decision.

Thanks for the tips nonetheless. Good luck on your IIS venture.

This almost defeats the purpose.

I've tried going through the Web Directories route as both admin and as a client, and either way I can't change the content page (default doc) for the / directory (httpdocs).

What good is this feature if you can only do it for web/virtual directories below root?

Or am I missing something? PSA 7.5.3/Win2003Stan

Back