• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

changed attributes in locked subscriptions?

andre.spindler

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

currently I'm still running Plesk 12.0.18.

Is there a possibility to find out WHY a subscription is locked?
Or must I do a "try and error" run after resyncing the subscription? And hope that I'm fast enough when the website breaks in the meantime?

Regards,
André

Hi andre.spindler,

if a subscription is locked for synchronization based on the service plan, then because of individual parameter changes at the subscription settigs. This behaviour is to secure individual changes, because other wise the individual changes would be lost in case of any change at the service plan settings ( and the possibilty to synch all subscriptions depending to a service plan ).

Please read:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

thanks for the link to documentation, but it doesn't help:
For me it is clear that additional changes in a subscription disables it from syncing and gets it locked.
But I want to know if there is a way to find out what exactly is the difference between the current state and the "original" settings from the plans.

In the linked documentation it is described as the following:

--- snip ---------------------------------------------------

To know which of the subscription's resources or services are not synced with the plan:
  1. Go to Subscriptions, and click the unsynced subscription name.
  2. Click Sync.
    Plesk will retry syncing the subscription with associated plans, and will display the conflicting properties if syncing fails.
--- snip ---------------------------------------------------

But: There is no link or button labelled with "Sync"! Only "Unlock & Sync". But that'S the wrong way as I don't want plesk changing the subscription by itself.

I use Plesk 12.0.18:

plesk_subscription.gif

Or where do I have to look?

Hi andre.spindler,

you might like the idea to list service plan - settings and subscription - settings with a CLI - command:

Hosting Plans: service_plan Utility ( online documentation: Reference for Command Line Utilities, Plesk 12.0 for Linux )

=> /usr/local/psa/bin/service_plan --info "Plan 1"
or
=> /usr/local/psa/bin/service_plan -i "Plan 1"

Hosting Subscription Settings: subscription_settings Utility ( online documentation: Reference for Command Line Utilities, Plesk 12.0 for Linux )

=> /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription_settings --info example.com
or
=> /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription_settings -i example.com

Hi,

I was facing this error during the creation of new subscriptions. Hitting the sync button would always fix the issue.
Tried running the above commands to compare the service plan with that of the subscription but it seemed all greek to me. So I compared the subscription settings of a synced subscription with that of an unsynced one. Funny story, they were exactly the same!
Further on I checked out the php_error log history and came across an error which had popped up for another subscription (on a different service plan) due to a missing component which was marked as available in the Default Domain Service Plan. I removed the same component from my custom Service Plan and everything was good. No more sync errors were reported during subscription creation.

Since this is a new server I was able to identify and fix the issue with ease. What of the already running production servers?
I hope Plesk devs add a feature to show the unsync reason before actually syncing the subscription with the plan because this is very essential to the maintenance of subscriptions.

Feature Request already exists. All those facing this problem please add your votes -
https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/...ide-a-way-to-see-why-a-subscription-is-locked

Last edited:
Back