• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changed server name. How to update CBM links in panel?

Ross K

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

We changed our server name (server1.OLDdomain.com to server1.NEWdomain.com). We have updated the server name in Settings -> Server Settings. However, all of the CMB links in the panel still point to the older server name.

For example, hovering over Tools & Utilities in the panel shows the link (correctly):

https://example1.NEWdomain.com:8443/left.php3#

But hovering over any CBM link, such as 'All Settings' shows:

https://example1.OLDdomain.com:8443/plesk-billing/.../...etc

How do I update CBM to reflect the server name change?

Hi,

1. Change the new host-name into the server-wide management of Plesk.
2. Adjust your Hosts file (mostly /etc/hosts) into your desired host-name.

Code:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
11.222.3.444 newdomain.com newdomainname

3. Reboot your server and you have a new localhost name.
4. My last option is that you using bootstrapper to restore your Plesk installation

Regards,
Edward

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Edward. This is what we've already done, but the CBM aspect of Plesk hasn't picked up on the change. The rest of the panel (and server) has.

There must be some file or DB entry somewhere for CBM that does not get updated.

Thanks Edward. This is what we've already done, but the CBM aspect of Plesk hasn't picked up on the change. The rest of the panel (and server) has.

There must be some file or DB entry somewhere for CBM that does not get updated.

Did you already try bootstrapper to restore your Plesk installation.
Hopefuly that the installation will restore old links to the new one.

Regards,
Edward

Hi Edward,

I hadn't tried that. I've just given it ago, but sadly, the CBM links in the panel are still pointing to the old server name.

Hi Edward,

I hadn't tried that. I've just given it ago, but sadly, the CBM links in the panel are still pointing to the old server name.

Let me know when bootstrapper fails,

Additionally could you search and scroll into your DB of PSA by phpMyAdmin, and search to the old domain-name at your database. Such easy task could you do by your self if all the options don't work at all.
Be careful if you using these option (Always make a back-up when modifying the database of Plesk)

Edward

Hi Edward,

Just to let you know, I did as you suggested and searched for the old server name in the psa database. I changed these references and now the links work correctly.

Thanks for your help!

Ross

Use update-hostname utility to update server hostname
/usr/share/plesk-billing/update-hostname --new-hostname=example1.NEWdomain.com

Use update-hostname utility to update server hostname
/usr/share/plesk-billing/update-hostname --new-hostname=example1.NEWdomain.com

Why should i look into a share folder.
Will it not be more likely to search this command into the PSA folder.

Also do i like to suggest that system administrators will find a PSA reference-file where you'll could use those commands for restoring settings and preferences.

Back