• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changing Owner of Website

P

promodaz

I have just spent a fair amont of time setting up multiple websites for a client. I now need to hand them over to him, so as he can update them on his account.

How do I change the owner of a website? I cannot find a setting for this.

If this option does not exist, is there a way to do this by editing or moving files on the server? (we own the server, so I have complete access)

Regards,

Daz

As I know it is not possible to accomplish this procedure through Sitebuilder GUI. In next Sitebuilder version such a feature will be added. At current moment you can try to change 'AccountID_owner' value for the site in 'SiteEntity' table in Sitebuilder database. Appropriate 'AccountID owner' you can get from 'AccountEntity' table.

But I do not recommend you to do that because you can have some problems with Plan limits settings after database modification. In case of old user and new one have the same plan you can try to do this. But before any modification I strongly suggest you create Sitebuilder database backup and Sitebuilder sites backup, just in case.

Back