• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changing sendmail source IP to exclusive IP address of VWS

M

Mark Duffell

Hi all,

We recently noticed that one of our Plesk servers shared IP (primary IP for the server) addresses has been detected as spamming. As all of our shared customers on this host utilising sendmail are detected by remote mail-servers as sending mail from this source IP it is causing a bit of havoc :)

One of the partial solutions I can see to assist resolving this issue is to ensure customers that are assigned an exclusive IP address in Plesk for their VWS when utilising sendmail are seen by remote mail-servers by their exclusive IP address rather than the shared IP address of the server.

However the issue being, I have no idea where to even look to change this or configure?
I actually would've thought out of the box that Plesk for Exclusive IP address customers would identify use sendmail via that Exclusive IP rather than the Shared?

Can anyone shed any light on how to configure this, it would help a lot and also put some of the onus on customers to ensure they don't have exploits (if their Exclusive IP gets blacklisted, it only affects them, not the rest of the customers also utilising sendmail on different IP addresses).

Back