• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Changing SpamAssassin configuration files

AdrianC

Basic Pleskian
Using Plesk 12.5 linux + postfix + roundcube ...

What file to edit in order to change these options in SpamAssasin ?

autolearn=ham
autolearn_force=no

I prefer permanent server-wide changes if possible but anything helps.

Edit:
actually autolearn=ham is not a setting, but info on current message, meaning that current individual message was leaned as not spam just now, and will be "no" if was learned as ham/spam from a previous message.

Last edited:
Thanks Igor
- The file you mentioned contains that warning that file will be overwritten by system, will it ? I can keep track and change it again when needed, just need to know for sure.
- Also storing per-mailbox settings a qmail path is confusing since I am using postfix, it took me a while to find that this would be correct:
/var/qmail/mailnames/<domain>/<mailname>/.spamassassin/user_prefs

Thanks Igor
- The file you mentioned contains that warning that file will be overwritten by system, will it ? I can keep track and change it again when needed, just need to know for sure.

Only a few settings that are managed by Plesk will get written to that file (required_score,rewrite_header). For the most part most custom settings in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf will never be overwritten.

Only a few settings that are managed by Plesk will get written to that file (required_score,rewrite_header). For the most part most custom settings in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf will never be overwritten.
Yes, it true.

So if I added variables, plesk will only replace the few values inside the file OR it will replace the complete file leaving only 2-3 options in it ?

Back