• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

changing the webmail login url

A

arvin8

How can I change the webmail login url which is webmail.domain.com:32000 to eposta.domain.com?

I see that there is an A record for the webmail. but even if I delete this record I'm still able to login to webmail using the webmail.domain.com:32000. I coudn't figure out how to do this.

I also want to remove the :32000 aswell... If anybody knows how this Ill appriciate his/her answer.

If you make changes to your dns entries, this is cached on the PC accessing the dns server. This is called the DNS resolver cache.

Say for example, you changed an IP address on the domain but you still see the old IP when you do an nslookup then you would use this command to flush the resolver cache from the command prompt:

ipconfig /displaydns "this one shows your resolver cache contents"

ipconfig /flushdns "this one flushes your resolver cache contents"

In order to remove the port 32000 you would need to use the default port (80), but this port is already being used by your web server.

Options:
* Install the mail server on another machine. Since it will be a different ip you can use the default port. (80)
* Install another adapter on the current machine with a different IP address also using the default port (80)
* Use the same adapter with multiple IP address, One for the web server and one for the mail server both using the default port (80)

Hope this helps!
Ricardo...:cool:

Back