• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

chroot ssh access not working

W

wombat

Hi!

I've set up chroot ssh access for a subscription, but it's not working. In /etc/passwd the shell remains /bin/false and so the client can't login. It doesn't matter if the option for ssh access is added to an existing customer or to a new one while creating it.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Regards,
Andreas

hi!

you got me kind of the right hint ;) i thought that ssh access should be up and running just by setting the permission in the subscription. i had to activate and select the shell again in the customer control panel..

thanks (again ;) )!

Wow! Which moron came up with this construction!? As an "admin" I expect to be able to see the full list of options / switches, why make this so complex?

I couldn't get SSH to work either, found this thread and could not find the "shell setting" anywhere in the admin panel... only when I logged in as the customer I found it!

Last edited by a moderator:
ssh not workgin either

Well

to be pretty honest i am very disappointed with the kind of service provided, trying to make it secure, instead made a non working service......

to start with, ssh wont work at all

ssh console window, when logged in from client page only shows up but it won´t work, allayws have issues with java console, tested with 3 machines linux and windows and it both reply same error conection timeouts in java.

Ohhh and by all means its not a jave issue as i have got latest versions of java 7 and 8 installed in all workstations and they all work good with other apps...

tried to log with via ssh from another ubuntu machine via terminal passwd error all the time,

edited ports for ssh conection in file manager folder, and nothing works still get the same passwd error, even do i have changed the passwd already a few times and saved a new one.

to be honest i can´t be bothered anymore, this was mean to be work efficient and to help me speed up my work, instead just wasting time, i guess i´ll just have to file up a complaint to paypal and visa to claim back my moneys paid....

and another thing your IPs suck ping to hi and lossing packets every 10 seconds , so i wonder myself were the hell was i thiking when i signed up for this service, whilst my own domestic servers and VPS work 100% more reliable than this workstations..

Back