1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

cl backup of one domain

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by modom, May 20, 2006.

1. modom

modom Guest

How do you backup one domain in the command line using the backup and restore section of plesk:
    http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.0/Doc/plesk-8-backup-restore-users-guide/index.htm

I made a text file in root/psa/test_domainsave.txt and added my domain name.

Then I tried to run this command but it just says "file does not readable". I have the permissions at 777.
    /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --domains test_domainsave.txt -list index.html

Any help is appreciated.

2. oztec

oztec Guest

Also having this problem....
    Am trying to sort it out. If I find out, I will let you know.

3. modom

modom Guest

The manual is not correct.

This is from swsoft after putting in a ticket:

Hello,

Thank you very much for reporting this mistake to us, it happened becuase -list was parsed as
    backup file name and then it couldn't recognise '-' as an option. Backup file name should
    follow -domains (-all, -clients) option. This will be fixed soon.

Also, I've uploaded and upgraded backup and migration utilities RPMs:

[root@godslove root]# rpm -Uvh /root/psa-*

After that I was able to create a backup file for one domain with this command.

[root@godslove root]# echo 'domain.com' | /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --domains testbackup -list - [root@godslove root]# ls -l testbackup
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3109395 May 24 01:50 testbackup