• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

clamav.net files differ from Art's clamav

M

modom

When I first installed clamav from http://www.clamav.net/ I had different files and 2 crons setup like:
/usr/local/sbin/insert_odeiavir.cgi >/dev/null 2>&1
/usr/local/bin/freshclam --quiet -l /var/log/clam-update.log

Also, I would get an email each day of virus removals and I could see the update log, cat /var/log/clam-update.log

The listings in /usr/local/bin on the regular install are also different:
Clam Scan:
/usr/local/bin

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 45184 Apr 4 15:57 clamdscan
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 65714 Apr 4 15:57 clamscan
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 59112 Apr 4 15:57 freshclam
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 46292 Apr 4 17:43 ripmime
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 46982 Apr 4 15:57 sigtool

When I installed Art's clamav I do not have the same files or the same abilities.

Are crons needed on Art's like above?

Is there a way to test for the virus like:
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject [email protected] < sampl-virus.txt

Before I would edit the /etc/odeiavir file for an email to send the confirmation of removed viruses to.

Am on centOS with plesk 7.5.1 reloaded.

I'm trying to understand the difference between a regular install of clamav from clamav.net and atomicrocketturtle.com?

Thanks!

Hi,

I was getting the emails showing it was working with plesk on my server. Am I missing something?

Do I need to setup any crons to keep the virus database up to date?

Depends on how you implemented it, you dont really have to scan a unix box for virii, since it isnt really vulnerable to them. Generally people are using A/V scanners on incoming/outgoing email. Mine is set up to maintain itself, and when combined with something like qmail-scanner, will scan mail.

Ok.

Now, tonight it started again where I nor my clients are able to receive emails.

I removed the qmail scanner...is there something with the install and removal that would allow your mail to work most of the day and then stop suddenly?

Thanks!

clamav, when it fails, doesnt fail safely. So if its tied into a content scanner, then the content scanner will fail too. That would (unlike SA, which fails safe) cause an outage

Back