• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CLAMAV not supported in 7.5.2 and 7.5.3

W

wharfratjoe

SWSOFT took clam av support out of the serverices management in 7.5.2 :mad: (As a matter of fact it doesn't even show-up in the service.msc in windows2003). It shows up in the 3rd party programs but they told me the following:

" Hello Sir,Since 7.5.2 version we have removed CLAMAV management from plesk, there are no any settings in current stable clamav versions which we can manage thrugh plesk.
If you would like to use clamav you can install it as third party software in standalone mode. Clamav works for whole server and just check all incoming messages."

No where in the release notes http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Windows/7.5.3/plesk_7.5.3_build050513.14.txt does it state that CLAMAV is not supported anymore.

WTF, we have it set up on 7.5.1 to scan both the incoming and outgoing emails on individual accounts. I just put the latest version of CLAM AV on a 7.5.1 machine and it works great.

Iif someone has a script that will install clamav as a service like 7.5.0 and 7.5.1 did, that would be great.

Thanks

Very strange.
In Plesk 7.5.3 I'm able to select it in Components management, and after it I can turn on or off AV for every mail box in Plesk panel

i noticed that a upgrade from 7.5.1 to 7.5.2 clamav still works but is not listed in the services management but is in the components management. Nothing shows up at all on a fresh install of 7.5.3.

Did you do upgrades?

Originally posted by wharfratjoe
i noticed that a upgrade from 7.5.1 to 7.5.2 clamav still works but is not listed in the services management but is in the components management. Nothing shows up at all on a fresh install of 7.5.3.

Did you do upgrades?
Yes, I'm upgraded...
Than it's bad that now it's impossible turn on/off AV for mail boxes in fresh installation :(

i opened a ticket and support said they will be adding it back in

iv got a fresh install of 7.5.3 and im using CLAMAV fine :/

you definitly got the right version of clamav?
as there are two version of the windows port

one doesnt work with plesk

it should be located here:
c:\clamav-devel

download from:
http://www.sosdg.org/clamav-win32

Just have an answer from sw-soft regarding this.

There is no only clamav service.

Aso for other functions it is supported at all and you can manage it per mailboxes.

Back