• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

clamdscan error reports from qmail-scanner

S

spiritquest

HI,

I wanted to ask some of the more experienced members here if they could help me understand this error message in a little more detail.

I have been running qmail-scanner / clamav using clamd and spamassasin successfully for a approx two months now. I have, however, been experiencing "outages" in the mail service (although courier-imap and qmail are active) recently.

Originally i was forced to reboot the server to fix the issues, and this does fix the issue. But looking at the qmailscanner logs has shown that the messages have been showing these errrors:

error_condition: X-Qmail-Scanner-1.25st: clamdscan: corrupt or unknown clamd scanner error or memory/resource/perms problem - exit status 512/2

There are threads talking about permissions, but I don't think this applies to my case, as it works for days at a time .. ?

My main problem is that there were messages scanned in the log that have not yet shown up and I am worrying that these messages have somehow been lost, I am not sure how to check if this is the case.

I am considering adding a clamd restart cron job when my clients sites and db's are backed up with my nightly cron job to see if that fixes any clamd memory problems ..

If any one has any links or could explain why the system may be reporting these errors I would greatly appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

Ketan

My main problem is that there were messages scanned in the log that have not yet shown up and I am worrying that these messages have somehow been lost, I am not sure how to check if this is the case.

So the messages eventually arrived, but I am worried about the memory errors.

I've found that clamd occassionally crashes, as it did alst night ... I ran /sbin/service clamd restart and it failed to shutdown but started ok. Which answered my question as to why emails hadn't arrived for an hour or so.

I have set up a cron job /sbin/service clamd status every hour, so i can monitor its activity.

Back