• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue cleanup dumps folder

Sellighsphire

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.41 Update #1
Hi!

Tonight my backup failed because there wasn't enough space left. I cleaned some space to get my server running again.
I searched for big folders and found
/var/lib/psa/dumps/reseller => 4GB
/var/lib/psa/dumps/clients => 68GB

My server only has 200GB space, so this 70GB dump-files are a big problem.
Any information on how to delete old backup-files doesn't include those files within these folders.
I only have to delete the backup*-files but this only freed up some megabytes.

Is it save to complete empty the /var/lib/psa/dumps folder?
Do I have to keep some files? Do I have to delete some more files/folders?
Is there any CLI script that will help me clean this mess?

Any help is appreciated
Regards
Jens

Thanks, but I was already reading this, which does not help.
In this article only the files starting with "backup" will be deleted. I already did this, but only some kilobytes where freed up.
I'm looking for the desired folders, or the complete dumps-folder to be cleaned up.

Under /var/lib/psa/dumps you will find a /clients directory. In the /clients directory you will find directories named like the client user name. You can safely remove these if you want to delete local backup files of the corresponding client(s). Upon the next local backup, the directory will be re-created. To find the biggest 20 local disk space blockers: # du -a /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/* | sort -n -r | head -n 20

No, because your resellers will complain that you deleted their backups from their accounts.

Back