• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CLI to discard mail to nonexistent user?

A

astanley

I am using Plesk 7.5.4 on Windows 2003. If I view the Mail preferences for a domain on my server, I can choose one of 3 default actions for nonexistent user email: bounce, catch-all, or discard. I also know that in a domain template I can set one of the same 3 as the default action. My question revolves around the use of the CLI to select this "Discard" option. domain_pref.exe --help, and the online CLI documentation seem to indicate that the -no_usr argument only accepts two values: "bounce:txt" or an email address. Is the documentation just outdated or is it really not possible to "Discard" via the CLI? I don't know if this is relevant, but I am using the SmarterMail mail server.

SOLVED

./domain_pref.sh -u domain.com -no_usr 'reject'

Re: SOLVED

Originally posted by verdehosting
./domain_pref.sh -u domain.com -no_usr 'reject'

FYI - this option doesn;t seem to work in 7.6 / Windows. The utility rejects the syntax.

Ken

Of course youll have to adjust the linux format for windows, just run the program and see how it wants them.

Originally posted by verdehosting
Of course youll have to adjust the linux format for windows, just run the program and see how it wants them.

I did. It does not accept 'reject' as an option for -no_usr. Nor is 'discard' an option. Further, the -no_usr option is marked as "obsolete" however there is no mention of what replaced it.

Just FYI.

Back