• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Clicking on "Use Built-in Monitoring" does not work

Mato

New Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Clicking on "Use Built-in Monitoring" does not work

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian v18.0.63_build1800240902.09 / Debian 11.11 / Xeon E3-1230 v6

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

In the Monitoring page, clicking on the button "Use Built-in Monitoring" gets a "Request aborted" in the upper right corner and simply reloads the page.

I hoped that Grafana would be back to normal after disabling 360 Monitoring and clicking this button.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Grafana is installed and working.
  2. Follow procedure to install 360 monitor :
    1. Connect server to Plesk (login)
    2. Activate 360 Monitoring (installs agent on server)
  3. Try to go back to Grafana (because there is no Android app for Plesk 360)
    1. In the 3-dotted menu, click on "Go back to built-in monitoring"
    2. red notification in the upper-right corner says "Request aborted"
  4. Try again, this time with the official script :
    1. Find the thread where you remove the agent360 from server : Uninstalling 360 Monitoring
    2. execute the automatic uninstall -> it works well
  5. Now there is a button saying "Use Built-in Monitoring" to get back to Grafana, but clicking on it still displays "Aborted request" and does nothing but reloading the page.

ACTUAL RESULT

"Use Built-in Monitoring" button does not work.

EXPECTED RESULT

Grafana should be back after clicking the button "Use Built-in monitoring".

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

It seems strange that the button sends a DELETE request when clicked :
DELETE /modules/monitoring/index.php/cloud-statistics/toggle-monitoring-view undefined

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Help with sorting out

Thank you for the report. Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue on a Debian 11 test server with Plesk 18.0.63. With that said, the issue is most likely due to the specific configuration of the server itself. Therefore, I would suggest opening a ticket with Plesk support for an investigation of the issue on your server. To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to:
If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk:

Hi,
the only specific parameters are for the NGinx and are very straightforward :
proxy_buffers 8 16k;
proxy_buffer_size 32k;
fastcgi_buffers 8 16k;
fastcgi_buffer_size 32k;
There are no big extension, as it is only a simple webservice server.
The problem is with the Grafana extension, which has been disabled by Monitor360, and can't be enabled again..

Maybe you could try and switch between Monitoring360 and Grafana a few times? I am sure there is definitely a problem here.

I will try to remove and reinstall the Grafana extension and comme back with my result.

1. I removed the Grafana extension in the Extension panel.
  2. Then I clicked on the "Use the built-in monitoring" button. This time, there was a response, as the small icon started to turn.
  3. after a few seconds, the page reloaded, but stayed the same : the button was still here and Grafana was not back.
  4. And a click on the button had the same result as before : "Request aborted".
  5. Coming bak to the extensions, I can see that Grafana has been reinstalled, but is still not displayed when clicked on "Open".

Hey, @Mato. Regardless of what I tried:

1. Installing the Grafana extension manually before enabling it in Monitoring > enabling built-in-monitoring > switching to 360 monitoring > switching back to in-build-monitoring > switching back to 360 Monitoring
  2. Directly enabling Built-in-monitoring > switching to 360 monitoring > switching back without uninstalling 360 / switching back leaving 360 installed
I am unable to reproduce the issue.

If you do not have option to open a support ticket, could you please check /var/log/plesk/panel.log for any Monitoring/Grafana-related errors?

Back