• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Clients who have service plans other than the default plan cannot delete domains

nornagest

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51
Hi everyone
I have created several service plans for my clients, with different resources and permissions, but in none of them my clients are able to delete a domain: they can only add them or suspend or disable them.
How do you allow customers with custom service plans to delete domains?
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    143 KB · Views: 4
One level up, e.g. on the domain list overview of the "Dynamic List" you can check and remove a domain. On the Active List view (will be retired in 2024) you can also see a "remove" link. You cannot remove the domain when you are currently viewing its configuration.

Hi Peter
Just tried even in Dynamic List but I cannot see the checkbox...

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 5
According to the Plesk documentation:
The main domain of your subscription - that is, the first domain name (default domain) that was created for your account, cannot be deleted; however, it can be renamed.
So for customers it's only possible to delete sub-domains and add-on (secondary) domains within a subscription. I *think* that's because deleting the default (main) domain would also mean deleting the subscription. But if it's a feature you're missing in Plesk you could create a feature suggestion on UserVoice for it.

I want only cancel add-on/secondary domain but I can't... It seems impossible to me that domains cannot be deleted but can only be added

A customer should be able to remove add-on/secondary domains. In the example image below I've added the domain example.fr as the main subscription domain and the secondary-domain.eu domain as a secondary domain (which shares the webspace with example.fr). When I login as a customer, I am able to remove the secondary-domain.eu domain.
Schermafbeelding 2023-09-19 om 19.20.44.png

Back