• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Clone Wordpress with CLI or API

Mike99

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I am running Plesk Onyx behind my own hosting interface, customers do not login to Plesk.

I would like to be able to clone staging Wordpress website to production from my own hosting panel, I did not find this functionality in API, but I guess I would create script that would use:

plesk ext wp-toolkit --wp-cli ....

Please somebody experienced or from Plesk team, could you provide some wp-cli command examples that Plesk uses when customer clicks on the Clone button in WP Tool kit, so my outcome would be the same as when it is done by Plesk?

My situation will be very easy, both production website on www.example.com subdomain and staging website on staging.example.com will always be the same, databases will be already created and WP installations present, I just want my customer to click clone button in our interface and make it clone staging -> production.

Thank you, Mike.

Unfortunately, there is no API or CLI command equivalent for the WP cloning feature. You can submit corresponding feature request for adding this functionality to Plesk UserVoice.

Thank you for your reply,

I read description of Clone and Sync and it seems I want to use Sync feature, is sync doable or not even Sync feature?

There is always a way, maybe I can do not exactly clone/sync, but just use WP CLI to just to copy database and data, would this break the way WP Toolkit looks at my sites? Would then be safe using WP Toolkit?

I am not able to wait until feature request gets fulfilled, I have seen some cool request with a lot of votes 4 years old an nothing.

Back