• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cloning WordPress instance failed - Failed to reset cache for the instance

Christopher-James

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51
Ive had this multiple times, ive searched all the forums with no resolution.

Clearing the cache with
Code:
plesk ext wp-toolkit --clear-cache -instance-id 9
just returns the following error
Code:
Failed to reset cache for the instance #9, reason: An error has occurred when decoding JSON: Decoding failed: Syntax error
Failed to reset cache for the instance #9: An error has occurred when decoding JSON: Decoding failed: Syntax error
exit status 3

All I'm trying to do is clone an instance

I need help

This is the error i see in the log files
Code:
Long task executor: id=14245 completed with error: Failed to reset cache for the instance #9: An error has occurred when decoding JSON: Decoding failed: Syntax error:
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Task/Async/Executor.php:46
    Task_Async_Executor->execute()
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/task-async-executor.php:6

Failed to reset cache for the instance #9: An error has occurred when decoding JSON: Decoding failed: Syntax error

How to find out the plugin or theme:

1) Change current dir to website document root:
# cd /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/

2) Download official WP-CLI from Wordpress: WP-CLI | WP-CLI

3) Run command on behalf of system user and using PHP version from domain use "theme list" or "plugin list" depending on what you want to check:
# sudo -u example /opt/plesk/php/7.4/bin/php ./wp-cli.phar theme list --fields=name --format=json

4) If any html code output except JSON body like below returned this means you have buggy plugin/theme, for example:
[{"name":"flatsome"},{"name":"twentytwenty"}]

or open a support ticket and ask for assistance:

Back