• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Failed to reset cache for the instance #1: An error has occurred when decoding JSON: Decoding failed: Syntax error

Christopher-James

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.47 Update #5
I need to find the issue with this error. I've seen this issue on a few threads but with no resolution for me on any if the solutions.

Code:
"The xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" was cloned with errors:
Failed to reset cache for instance #1: An error has occurred when decoding JSON: Decoding failed: Syntax error

I'm able to reset the cache for instance #1 through SSH but this proves to be of no use and the issue still persists.

Im trying to just clone a WordPress install to another domain on the server, it does not get passed the copying files part and fails with the error above, the domain is all correct, had WordPress installed and resolves to the domain.

Here the same...

1668936361949.png
Since weeks - try some solutions, but it won't work...

Betriebssystem: Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Produkt: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.47 Update #5

Any new hints to find a solution for this?

I got this error when I tried to clone a website with WP Toolkit.
(detached, attached again, and the same thing happened)

Any idea?
Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 14.24.52.png

Yes all of the above.

Can't clone despite switch PHP to every version.
Can't use Smart Update - give same error
Can't login through WP Tool Kit - JSON error
Emails stating "Failed to reset cache..."

This can't all be related to Elementor Pro??

That JSON error is normally a result of a faulty plugin or theme. It is not necessarily Elementor, but could also be something else.

Ah, the Elementor Pro issue. Yeah, that is an ongoing discussion between Elementor who say that Plesk is the culprit and Plesk who say that Elementor is. Some users were able to solve it by downgrading PHP to 8.1. As there are very little differences, no impact on websites will be seen by this temporary workaround. A long-term solution will come.

On our Facebook group a user reported that this change in the Elementor code fixes the issue:
"File: elementor-pro/core/editor/editor.php
Go To Line 118 and Change ${package} to {$package}.
${package} is deprecated."

Back