• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cloud / DropBox PLESK Backup Integration

CCHickman

Regular Pleskian
As we are moving towards Cloud solutions - wouldn't it be nice if PLESK offered to backup accounts to the cloud? FTP is fine for the pros and us server maintainers -- but for our clients -- if they could one click snapshot their site (and/or e-mail) to their own DropBox - this would be awesome! Even better would be the ability to restore from DropBox -- or other cloud solution.

Good point. :)

On the other hand it would be great if Dropbox starts supporting FTP like some other cloud solutions do and thus they can benefit with Plesk ability for external backup storage. Following standards makes integration easier. Though my understanding from Dropbox forum was that they aren't going to do it ever.

I did some research on this - and what you say is very true. Many people are struggling with that fact.

One jury-rigged way of doing it would be to install DropBox on the server and have a backups folder synced and each client's backups would then be shareable with the client's DropBox account if desired.

I can see this being a neat 3rd party Add-On, but far too quirky to be considered to add to PLESK.

Back