• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Cloudflare extension - Aliases

TomBoB

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.8 latest updates
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.56 Update #4
Hi,
We're testing the Cloudflare extension. One of limits is that Aliases cannot be exported. Which is quite a drawback.

It doesn't state in the official "Limitations" that it's because of Cloudflare API limitation. On the other side it also doesn't state "currently / at the moment".

Can we assume that Alias syncing is being worked on and available at some point, just like it works in the DigitalOcean DNS extension?

If you do not have the following snippet in your panel.ini file, could you please add it and try again?
Code:
[ext-cloudflaredns]
adminDomainFilters = 1

Yes, we have. Instead of showing only the admins domains (default setting), with that entry it now shows all the clients domains. Which is what we need. However it only shows domains of hosting type website [IE proper website setups], but doesn't show Domains set up as Aliases. Which is a current limitation according to the documentation.

Hi Peter, any update if/when Aliases can be exported to Cloudflare?

Without going into too much detail, we'd like to finish projects where we moved from a previous name server provider {Digital Ocean] to CloudFlare. We can't finish those as DO allows for autosync of Alias DNS to their name servers through the DO Extension, whereas the CF extension doesn't allow for that yet.

Doing the switch for domains with Aliases right now means a step back in time and going back to lots more time spent on manual adjustments. (regular Lets Encrypt renewals)

@TomBoB Did Digital Ocean change their DNS policy on you? I was just informed by Digital Ocean that I had to establish a billing history to use the free DNS service via the Digital Ocean DNS extension. But being that this is a free service there is no way to establish a billing history :\

@TomBoB Did Digital Ocean change their DNS policy on you? I was just informed by Digital Ocean that I had to establish a billing history to use the free DNS service via the Digital Ocean DNS extension. But being that this is a free service there is no way to establish a billing history :\
Hi, just checked again. No, not so far.

What is the timeline or a rough ETA to have Aliases auto-transfer to CloudFlare via the CF DNS extension?

Back