• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question (CloudLinux, Plesk Obsidian) LSPHP7.x alt-php FastCGI vs. 7.x FPM application, which is the better?

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
last month I've switched my cloud server on CloudLinux (previously it was on Debian) and my hosting provider suggested to me to enable Mod_Isapi and "LSPHP7.3 alt-php FastCGI" handler, instead of FPM included with Plesk.

2020-01-21_10-53-29.png

Honestly I don't see much difference, indeed with FPM the performances seemed the same (or better).
Has anyone had any experience with Mod_Isapi and LSPHP handler?
"LSPHPx.x alt-php FastCGI" has other advantages respect to FPM (e.g. security, php memory, etc.)?

2020-01-21_10-54-20.png

Also, I'm using WordPress Toolkit with "Caching (nginx)" enabled (default settings) but I can't see any improvement with the loading speed... is necessary to have the FPM handler or "Caching (nginx)" works good also with "LSPHP7.x alt-php FastCGI"?

2020-01-21_10-55-13.png

Finally, anyone knows when the version "LSPHP7.4 alt-php FastCGI" will be available?
I've upgraded to Plesk Obsidian also for the version 7.4 of PHP and now it's very frustrating not being able to use it.
Thanks!

Back