• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CloudLinux support for multiserver?

ptowers

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am currently thinking of deploying multiserver, but I want to use cloudlinux.

Is planned support CloudLinux in multiserver?

Thank you!

Really thank you for you're fast response,

I think today for a hoster, it is almost imperative to use cloudlinux. The multiserver product I see it focused on hosters, will not it have support for cloudlinux? Is it planned in the future? Plesk plans to offer an alternative?

Greetings and thank you very much for your attention.

Hi @ptowers,

Officially: Multi Server supports OS's mentioned above by @UFF01.

Unofficially: Multi Server supporting all the same Linux OS's as for Plesk Onyx Software Requirements for Plesk
In our case, it means Multi Server was not well-tested with Cloudlinux configuration and we can't guarantee that all will work as expected.

If you would like, you can try to install Multi Server on Cloudlinux and tell us about your experience.

Given that CentOS and CloudLinux are pretty similar, is it expected that the management node needs to be CloudLinux also? Or is it OK if that's CentOS while the service nodes are all cloudLinux?

I'm testing Cloudlinux actively (using trial keys). Cloudlinux should be installed on both nodes (manager and service). Issue isn't only OS, but seems a plugins too (same plugins should be installed on manager node same as service node, LVE manager, CageFS). And I encountered with following issues:
  • LVE PHP selector is disabled in extension (manager node -> extensions -> my extensions -> lve manager -> service node select -> selector -> disable), but client continues to see it and he's able to select PHP version/settings (but it's not working, actual PHP version can be set using PHP handler settings in Plesk)
  • There is no access to CageFS plugin. When I'm trying to open CageFS settings (manager node -> extensions -> my extensions -> cagefs -> service node select), I'm getting error which you can see in attached image.Clip2net_180122171827.png
  • There is 302 redirection loop when I'm trying to open extensions tab in service node (probably some multiserver bug).
I'm just started, but I'm sure it's not full list even close. I will try to setup CageFS somehow, also there is MySQL governor which I need too

Hi @Brightside

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Plesk Multi Server is using centralized extensions management. When you install any extension on the management node, it will be automatically installed on all service nodes too. But this behavior depends on the whitelist of extensions available for use in PMS. The extensions have the following accessibility types: management node only, service nodes only, management and service nodes. If the extension is not added to the lists (as Cloudlinux), it will be available for service nodes only by default. That is the reason why you see the service node selector when clicks on LVE manager.

same plugins should be installed on manager node same as service node, LVE manager, CageFS)
Correct. Each server in PMS infrastructure should have the same configuration.

LVE PHP selector is disabled in extension (manager node -> extensions -> my extensions -> lve manager -> service node select -> selector -> disable), but client continues to see it and he's able to select PHP version/settings
It doesn't seem like PMS issue because you are modifying options on the particular service node and it should have the same behavior as on a single Plesk server.

There is no access to CageFS plugin.
It looks like the CageFS plugin was not installed on the service nodes. Please try to install it on each service node in a manual way.

There is 302 redirection loop when I'm trying to open extensions tab in service node (probably some multiserver bug).
This is known bug and will be fixed in a small update later this week. The Extensions tab shouldn't be available on the service nodes at all.

It doesn't seem like PMS issue because you are modifying options on the particular service node and it should have the same behavior as on a single Plesk server.
Possibly. Also there is issue with PHP settings with LSPHP handler. I managed to get it working. I disabled all PHP handlers except LSPHP by OS vendor and enabled LVM selector (then users are able to choose PHP version and extensions using LVM selector and they don't see Plesk PHP settings). Actually I'd prefer to use (or provide users possibility to use) native Plesk PHP selector with LSPHP. Problem is Plesk PHP selector isn't designed to handle cloudlinux altphp/LSPHP extensions like pdo, opcache and so on.
It looks like the CageFS plugin was not installed on the service nodes. Please try to install it on each service node in a manual way.
No, it's installed and even working properly (on service nodes extensions still can be accessed directly using search bar), however shows bad refferer if I'm trying to access it standard way.

So, I'm able to make provision via WHMCS using Plesk Multi Server with Cloudlinux and it's working, but multi server is still too fresh as I see. Hope for soon bugfixes.

I will try also MySQL Governor today.

Hello,

I am currently thinking of deploying multiserver, but I want to use cloudlinux.

Is planned support CloudLinux in multiserver?

Thank you!

Cloudlinux does not support for multi-server. Plesk Multi Server with Cloudlinux doing well.

Possibly. Also there is issue with PHP settings with LSPHP handler. I managed to get it working. I disabled all PHP handlers except LSPHP by OS vendor and enabled LVM selector (then users are able to choose PHP version and extensions using LVM selector and they don't see Plesk PHP settings). Actually I'd prefer to use (or provide users possibility to use) native Plesk PHP selector with LSPHP. Problem is Plesk PHP selector isn't designed to handle cloudlinux altphp/LSPHP extensions like pdo, opcache and so on.

No, it's installed and even working properly (on service nodes extensions still can be accessed directly using search bar), however shows bad refferer if I'm trying to access it standard way.

So, I'm able to make provision via WHMCS using Plesk Multi Server with Cloudlinux and it's working, but multi server is still too fresh as I see. Hope for soon bugfixes.

I will try also MySQL Governor today.

This Article Lists the System Requirements for installing and managing Plesk Multi Server.

Back