• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Clustering and Backup

B

binarybit

Hi - We have about 4 servers and I am looking for a solution which will enable us to provide all our client accounts full backups.

I am specifically looking for a solution by which clients can backup their sites themselfs either to their computer, automatically to an ftp account or automatically to a nas locally by the server.

Secondly I would like to create an automatic backup for all servers to a local nas.

The idea is to have one huge nas and daily backups which overwrite every 7 days.

Third - we are looking for a way that somehow we may double our servers from 4 to 8 and have basically a backup server for each one which would automatically have a consistent copy... so if a customer uploads something new, creates a new email account, adds a new database or even new database records are added... the backup server has ALL the same information hopefully in real time if this is even possible. The goal is to ensure any websites NEVER go offline and in the event one did the backup server continues to operate with all the same data... then when the broken server comes back online any new information on the backup server is automatically restored on the now fixed server.

I know this is kind of like clustering but I don't know the best way this can be done with plesk. Someone give me some ideas.

What do you guys think? Any solutions that will work for plesk 7.1.7 - 8?

CH

Back