• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Clustering - Questions

C

CyberNBD

Hello all,

In a test set-up, I'm trying to build a plesk 8.2 cluster with multiple web-servers and load-balancing.

This should be possible by using a centralized NFS Fileserver on which all files are stored (except the O/S of the webservers), and one or more centralized MySQL servers for the client's databases.

The web-cluster would consist of one master plesk server (which holds the PSA database) and some slave-servers which use the PSA database of the master server, so they all hold the same information about clients/domains/locations of the vhosts etc on the NFS server.

By using plesk expand, it should be possible to manage the whole cluster (centralized DNS, Mail, DB and enabling Client and domain creation only on the master Plesk server(s)).

The Question:
Is there anyone who has tried something like this before?

And, my main problem at this moment: I need to find the place or config file where plesk holds the location of de main PSA database (has to be changed from localhost to the master server's IP on the slave servers). Anyone an idea?

Thanks,
Tom

Back