• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cold Fusion/ Defaults Issue

E

e-visions

I just had a domain which I had manually configured Cold Fusion on reset to defaults (all the cold fusion setup is removed). I'm wondering if this is something PLESK did to me, or did I do this myself through one of my actions in the control panel. The only related item I did was to reset the DNS settings to default (because I changed the DNS template), but I assumed that would reset only the DNS. Does that reset other things as well? Has anyone had anything similar happen?

Thanks,
Chad

CFM

Chad,

That is a common issue with Plesk for windows. It will remove the dll application mapping everytime it updates the domain. There is a patch out you can get from the download plesk patches page that resolves the application mapping. It will also remove index.cfm everytime the domain is updated. The patch does not address that part of the issue. What i ended up doing was to create an index.html that redirected to index.cfm so when a customer updated their domain they did not break it. I left the index.cfm in the documents but the index.html is a backup plan.

Back