• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Coldfusion & 7.6.1

L

lordElrond

I have successfully installed CF7 Enterprise Edition with Plesk 7.6.1. As "egg shen" would say, IT WASNT EASY.

1. Install Plesk 7.6.1 on a clean server. Login for the first time, set your credentials, etc. DO NOT ADD ANY DOMAINS. Update your key as required, and then reboot the server.

2. Change the security permissions on all drives associated with Plesk to allow full access for psaadm, psacln and everyone. (I KNOW NOT THE SOUNDEST THING TO DO, but you can change this after the install is complete.)

3. Verify that the local host will no prompt you for a username or password. Type "localhost" host into your browser. If the Plesk default page comes up then your on the right track.

4. Install CF with these specifications: Choose any install directory. For this example I left it at the default: c:CFusionMX7
Next you will have to set the root path where ColdFusion will be administered and since Plesk has taken over the default website and changed security permissions, set this directory to be \VHosts\default\htdocs

To make sure this is the correct directory, type 127.0.0.1 into your browser; this will let you know that the default website is pointing to the right local host directory configured by Plesk. You should see: This is the Plesk default page not to be mistaken by the Default Domain Page Plesk gives to newly added domains.

5. Complete the installation and youre all set. You can now change the permissions and security to whatever you want. I have not tried resetting via the Reconfigurator.

dear mr lordelrond,

I followed your instructions but continue to have permission issues everytime a domain is created.

any thoughts would be appreciated,

thanks,
kaigler

Recheck your permissions. can you post the user accounts and ACL right for each and ill compare against mine.

it looks like it did not include the ps userids on the new account when it was created. is this the information you are looking for?

has anyone ever installed codfusion first and then loaded plesk 7.6.1?

I've installed 7.6.1 on Win2K3 Ent running CF Ent 7.1 and everything seems to be fine.

Perhaps you would like to share your experience or install process, its the only way anyone benefits from these posts, otherwise your comment was not only rude but worthless.

Actually lordElrond, my reply was neither rude nor worthless, it perhaps lacked detail, but I guess this pretty much sums it up:

1. Install 2K3 Ent and patch it
2. Install IIS
3. Install CF MX Ent
4. Install Plesk
5. Lock everything down (permissions, user accounts, etc)

Everything runs fine using the default installs for everything.

Originally posted by lordElrond
2. Change the security permissions on all drives associated with Plesk to allow full access for psaadm, psacln and everyone. (I KNOW NOT THE SOUNDEST THING TO DO, but you can change this after the install is complete.)
Gentlemen, please never do it if you want to prevent your hosting from malefactors.

If you have installed ColdFusion (or other 3rd-party hosting script) after Plesk you should
- either reset permissions via Reconfigurator (before it you should Refresh components registration on page Plesk > Server > Components Management)
- or remove Deny entries from ACL of ColdFusion installation folder recursively
- or set permissions on this folder manually in according to security config file <plesk>\admin\bin\DiskSecurity.xml

Back