• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

coldfusion support in CFMX6.1 on windows 2003

bdee1

Basic Pleskian
i have a windows 2003 server with plesk, and i have installed coldfusion MX 6.1. it was tricky but i got it working.

as it is now, for each new site i create with plesk, if it needs coldfusion support, i have to go into IIS, expand the main site (my server's IP address), right click the virtual directory for the new site and chose properties.

then on the Virtual Directory Tab, i have to click Configuration under application settings.

then in application extensions i add the .cf extension and set the executable to C:\CFusionMX\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll

then under wildcard application maps i click insert and set the executable to C:\CFusionMX\runtime\lib\wsconfig\1\jrun_iis6_wildcard.dll

then coldfusion works for that site.

no i am thinking that there HAS to be an easier way.

couldn't I:
1) find a way for plesk to do this?

or

2) find a way to make these settings in the main site (IP Address) in IIS and have these setting automatically apply to all future sites to be added so that essentially all sites have basic CF support?

this is driving me nuts - someone please help.

I wish I could help you, but it's been a few years since I had anything to do with coldfusion. :(

I really hope, that there's somebody out there that can help you.

yeah me too... this issie is pretty tricky - actually my whole conversion from ensim to plesk has been tricky so far. it seems like i keep encountering issues that are not really covered in the documentation. and support requests to plesk take forever to get answered. and the same goes for the message boards... a few of my posts have been answered quickly, but the majority just kind of sit out there for a while before i get any response.

it has been quite frustrating.

I just got off the phone with plesk. Aparently there is support for cold fusion, you need to get the addon module for it. It was omitted from the PLESK 6.5 Windows page, but you can get it from here:

it looks like that is for plesk 7 (which is for linux). i woudl need it for plesk 6.5 for windows.

Ha! They just emailed me and told me they gave the wrong information!!! It isn't supported in 6.5, it will be supported in 7. :(

CF

You can make a site work manually by completiung the tasks you mentioned however if plesk decides it needs to rewrite the iis config you will have to redo the changes manually. I ended up revoking rights for the customer to manage hosting because any change in that section broke the cf pages.

Good Luck

actually plesk support just finished developing a hotfix for plesk that fixes this problem, and will release it very soon.

Back