• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Commit changes made on the server with Git extension for Plesk Onyx

Patrick86aff3

New Pleskian
Is it possible with the Plesk Git extension to commit changes made directly on the server (e.g. files uploaded by the client to his website)?

The extension is configured to track a remote (GitHub) repository and the only option provided is "Pull last commits". It doesn't seem to offer a Commit or Push functionnality.

I tried to manually commit local changes when connected to the server through ssh, but there's no .git directory in my working tree so I can't run a git command...

When you use remote repository, the following scenario is assumed - you send the changes to this remote repository, and then Plesk pulls them from the remote repository and deploys them to your web site.

Commit or Push functionality is available in case of scenario when you send the changes from your local repository to Plesk, and then Plesk deploys the changes to your web site.

Hello,

I was managed to commit by doing the following:
1. create simlink inside the project:
ln -s ../git/example.git .git
2. Add the following options to git
git --git-dir .git --work-tree .<commit/add/push>

I assume `git --git-dir ../git/example.git --work-tree .<commit/add/push>` would work too.

It is also needed in cases where existing systems have to transition to git.
One can easily create the setup for a local repository, but can't get the system easily downloaded (pulled).

Last edited:
I sometimes do write codes on the server. Having the ability to push changes to the repository is an awesome feature..
Please implement this in the future.

Any update?

I am currently using Git to push everything to Plesk and it's amazingly good. But every time the a website changes (example: an user upload something) my Git repository is not up to date. Being able to push everything to Git would be awesome. Even a manual action would be enough.

Back