• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

compile.sbtp templates

S

snyhof

The documentation says that after a template has been created, it needs to be compiled by creating compile.sbtp file and double clicking on it.

The sbtp file has no association on my server. Do I need to install something to allow compiling of the templates? Thanks.

Please explain step by step what I need to do to make this work.

templates 4.0 compile

I have figured out how to compile a template.

I am trying to learn what it ias looking for when the list of errors pass by.

Starting from the top, it is looking for a header image. I have the format layout setup as described in the template help tutorial.

sitename>Themes>color>Headers>Header1>header.jpg

But the system says it cannot find the image file.

Once I understand how to set this first step up, I will most likely understand the rest.

Any help??

Hello, Steve,
Did you you solve this problem? I saw another thread, where you posted the great picture with template structure. So you must be an expert at this moment :)

Template Design

Yes, thank you, I do have this all working. And yes, I do feel like an expert, but the way I do anything is test over and over until I understand a system, then I made a default template.

I do have a question on the button folder and image...
I made a button called button.gif inside the button1 folder.
But in the Design page of the Wizard the new button does not show up, it keeps showing me an image I set with another template.

I'm just thinking, does the button.gif file also need to be in the images folder? Not a big deal, but would like to understand.

Re: How do you compile?

Originally posted by bhiers
What program goes to a .sbtp file?

These are the steps to accessing the SDK program. And just to add for the administrator of this forum, you need to add a link to the standard sitebuilder download and demo inside the login area. I searched your site again to try and find this link and could not. I did find it by searching my email and found that you sent me a link. Not sure what is so secret about it. Also, while I am at it, please add some info to your knowledge base with the keyword: "sbtp" This would help a lot of people right away.

May I even go further and ask that you provide some step by step instructions to various things like, how to access the SDK program, how to download an existing template and rebuild it for editing, etc.

Ok...

Go to this link to access the SWsoft Developer Network.
http://swdn.swsoft.com/

Click on Sitebuilder 4.0 SDK Available to access the documentation

AND/OR

Click on SWDN Downloads. link inside the paragraph to access the program needed to compile .sbtp files.

You will be asked to login, use your user name and password that you use to access the sitebuilder download area.

Click on the Download link to the right of Sitebuilder 4.0 SDK

-----

Once installed the program will become available by right clicking on a folder or files.

If a folder:
When you right click on the folder that contains the template files you are given the choice to Preview Sitebuilder Template.

This will open the program with some options to select the Color, Header and Menu "if you have setup more than one option."

Prior to launching the compilation process:

This is an example of one of my temp sites:
a1-TMP - Folder that contains the file tree (template folders/files)
Compile file - compile.sbtp

Inside the compile.sbtp file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<templatePack name="a1-TMP" type="Windows">
<directory path="W:\Websites\SiteBuilder_Templates\1-Master Template LL\a1-TMP" />
</templatePack>

info.xml - File just inside the folder a1-TMP

Inside the info.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<template id="a1-TMP" version="1.0" formatVersion="4" caption="Custom Builder" category="Construction">
<themes detachableHeader="header.jpg" default="site">
<theme id="site" caption="Main Site" />
</themes>
</template>

Note: where site is - the template color - like blue, The blue template option. I do not use options because I am custom building sites, therefore I am using - site.

Note: Name your templates something like a1-Namehere. This will load your created template at the front of the templates on the list inside your Plans area in Sitebuilder Control Panel.

Click on the Preview button to have the SDK program check for errors. If it does not find any, the Browser tab will load and the template will display - give it a few seconds.

Note: Sitebuilder has a number of preset pages which will give a Notice warning, this is just fine.

Right click on the compile.sbtp file and click Compile Template Pack, this is only done after you have tested and passed in the SDK preview program area.

This will create the compile.msi file.
Double click to install the template into sitebuilder.
If you have a server off site:
Upload through FTP. Go to your server and double click on this file to install the template pack (1 or more templates based on the info.xml file. You can add additional templates - see swsoft documentation.)

Note: At the moment the only and best way to remove a template is through the Add or Remove Programs in your computers control panel. You can delete the files from the template folder location, but every time you install the same template it will create another line in the Add or Remove Programs area.

**WARNING** Be very careful when deleting the templates from the control panel, DO NOT accidentally select the sitebuilder program as the template and sitebuilder lines have the same icons.

I have included a sample template as well as some ideas concerning buttons. Click here... http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47150

Also click here http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47048 for information on the file tree.

Re: Template Design

Originally posted by snyhof
I do have a question on the button folder and image...
I made a button called button.gif inside the button1 folder.
But in the Design page of the Wizard the new button does not show up, it keeps showing me an image I set with another template.

I'm just thinking, does the button.gif file also need to be in the images folder? Not a big deal, but would like to understand.

I have this figured out - kind of.
It is in the menu folder that shows the button image.
I think the button folder only contains the images to go with a specific template theme, just like the header folder contains the header images.

Back