• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Component upgrades???

K

kitsapbands

I'm just trying to upgrade some of the server software that comes with Plesk. I have the most current updates, but core services like MySQL and PHP are ridiculously out of date, ergo I'd like to have the latest versions on the server. I've scanned the entire SWsoft site as well as this forum and found nothing on the matter.

I was about to install the components I need manually via SSH, but I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause Plesk to crash.

What is the best way to get these services upgraded without causing problems with Plesk?

Do a forum search on 'yum AND art' or 'yum AND atomicrocketturtle' or mix in the terms mysql or php into the search as well. Many use his updates for Plesk servers, since his updates are all geared for use on Plesk servers. It also depends on what linux distro you are using, he only supports redhat type distros.

If you've 'scanned' this forum, I don't know how you could have missed the posts about the newer versions of mysql and php.... They are here.

I think most of the experienced Plesk/linux admins would agree to use the yum repository at atomicrocketturtle.com, unless you are not using RH or CentOS which are what ART supports.

Back