• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Composer Not Found PHP

LuigiMdg

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.53_build1800230619.12
I know that the PHP folder must be configured, adding it in the env or adding the PATH anyway.
But the question is: why didn't Plesk do it automatically?
I guess this feature can't work either if it's not configured, shouldn't it do it automatically?
1689797486476.png

That's not the point.. You are proposing this functionality, the problem is that it doesn't work..

Sorry, I am afraid doesn't help me understand the issue your facing. Could you explain in more detail what are you trying to accomplish and what isn't working?

To function, Composer needs PHP, to find the path, it will use the PATH, but since it is not set, it cannot find it and consequently this function does not work..
If you need further explanations, I am here

Obviously Composer requires PHP to function. And if PHP is enabled for the subscription/domain there should be no reason for Composer not to work.

PHP Composer is used by tens of thousands of websites with Plesk. Regarding your initial post I understood that you need to set some specific PATH in the server environment and were asking why Plesk does not set that PATH environment automatically. For that reason I suggested to post a feature request if you want a specific thing automated.

But obviously I misunderstood what the question is about. If you have activated PHP in your domain and the Composer extension installed, normally there is not much more needed than to upload your project. Maybe this link can help a bit:
Necessary environment variables can be set from the extension.

If you experience an issue with it, could you please provide step-by-step instructions how we can reproduce the issue?

Obviously Composer requires PHP to function. And if PHP is enabled for the subscription/domain there should be no reason for Composer not to work.
Of course the domain has PHP installed, overall 4 versions, was unable to configure even 1 of them.

PHP Composer is used by tens of thousands of websites with Plesk. Regarding your initial post I understood that you need to set some specific PATH in the server environment and were asking why Plesk does not set that PATH environment automatically. For that reason I suggested to post a feature request if you want a specific thing automated.

But obviously I misunderstood what the question is about. If you have activated PHP in your domain and the Composer extension installed, normally there is not much more needed than to upload your project. Maybe this link can help a bit:
Necessary environment variables can be set from the extension.

If you experience an issue with it, could you please provide step-by-step instructions how we can reproduce the issue?
Ok, I will try, thank you.
Indeed, first I ask you if you do not activate automatic updates with this, I want full control over the server and I don't want updates to take place without my consent.

I was running that command, but it recommends not to use root user.
Since I already wanted to disable it for security reasons, I found this guide on plesk.com and looking for that function, it appears, but if I click on the link, it gives me an error. Maybe because I haven't selected the domain, but I can't find the path, being on a different version.

Indeed, first I ask you if you do not activate automatic updates with this, I want full control over the server and I don't want updates to take place without my consent.
To disable automatic updates, please go to Tools & Settings > Plesk > Update Settings and uncheck the corresponding checkboxes.

I found this guide on plesk.com and looking for that function,
Which function do you refer to?

but if I click on the link, it gives me an error.
Which link do you mean and what error message do you see when you click that link?

Maybe because I haven't selected the domain, but I can't find the path, being on a different version.
Which path do you mean and which version difference do you see?

Which function do you refer to?
Web_Hosting_Access.png

Which link do you mean and what error message do you see when you click that link?
/smb/web/edit but now it work..!

You can never have the same permission as root, because root is the most privileged account. Only root has root privileges. You can have more or less full command line level access by the shells that are not chrooted. If you need root privileges from there, you first login to the shell and then issue the Linux command "su" to escalate the privileges to root level. But you will not be logged in as root by simply choosing a shell. You will be logged in with the subscription user.

You can never have the same permission as root, because root is the most privileged account. Only root has root privileges. You can have more or less full command line level access by the shells that are not chrooted. If you need root privileges from there, you first login to the shell and then issue the Linux command "su" to escalate the privileges to root level. But you will not be logged in as root by simply choosing a shell. You will be logged in with the subscription user.
Ok, I'm interested in disabling root access, so I'll use the su command.
I just haven't figured out what I should set from the drop-down menu yet.

Back