• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Computer name appearing as name server

I've confirmed that the issue exists in Plesk 12.0. Internal tracking ID for your reference: PPPM-2945.

Note that upcoming Plesk 12.1 does not have this issue - you can check the preview and let us know if you find anything suspicious.

Dear Custer ,
Thanks for update,
I assume the right version is plesk 12 18-51 right?
I checked installed package via registry , I think it is the same version but the problem remains . The ns record is created while defining a new domain.

It would be great if you tell me the result.

Regards
Elnaz

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    85 KB · Views: 4
Sorry for the mistake ,
I did what you recommended, the result has been attached . But after command the domain was created that the record ns25 was created too.
And I assume this file (dnsmng.exe) handles BIND dns , right? Does it work for dns server too?

regards

Attachments

• update.png
    update.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 6
Hello,
You forgot the asteriks "*" in your command:
Code:
"%plesk_bin%\dnsmng.exe update *"

[-] DNS zones of domains created on Plesk for Windows servers using the MS DNS service provider contained an extra NS record pointing to the server's hostname. To fix the affected DNS zones, run the "DNSMng.exe update *" command. (PPPM-2945)

Update: the issue was fixed in Plesk 12 MU #51:

http://kb.odin.com/en/125927

Well, thank you very much for your "fix", now all updated or newly created DNS zones doesn't include NS record for primary DNS server at all ! Actually we have had secondary DNS NS record defined in DNS template, and all that worked just fine for us until your last update. From then, the primary NS record (which was proper full DNS name of our server, including domain, so we have had no problem before) is missing in all created or updated zones, if we try to add it in Plesk Panel then it works in GUI with no warning or anything, but the DNS update script actually crashes and DNS zone on the server is empty after DNS update (the same behavior as before MU #51, something about duplicate record was mentioned in the debug log on such failed DNS update if I remeber it well). We use Server 2012 R2, maybe that's why it worked for us before MU #51 correctly, but now it's rather useless since we cannot add NS record for primary DNS via GUI and if we do so directly via DNS configuration tools, it will be removed on next DNS update from Plesk Panel. And of course with record for primary DNS missing in the zone we are getting all those warnings from public DNS checks.

Hello,
The fix was done to make actual DNS zone correspond DNS zone in Plesk. Most probably you don't have the NS DNS record pointed to your hostname (which is proper full DNS name) in you Plesk DNS zone. Just add the record in your zones in Plesk using Plesk interface or command line "dns.exe" utility. It will resolve your issue.

Hello,
The fix was done to make actual DNS zone correspond DNS zone in Plesk. Most probably you don't have the NS DNS record pointed to your hostname (which is proper full DNS name) in you Plesk DNS zone. Just add the record in your zones in Plesk using Plesk interface or command line "dns.exe" utility. It will resolve your issue.
Hi, I do not know if this is response to my post, but as I saied I cannot add NS record which includes full name of the server where is DNS and Plesk running in GUI, since then on "update" of the zone on MS DNS the zone is empty and error is generated in debug log mentioning duplicate record . So I can have only secondary DNS in my zone in GUI, that's then the only one existing on the zone on the server. There is no working way how to add NS record for the server running Plesk now after the update and if I add it in DNS manager it will be removed on next DNS zone update from Plesk, so it's rather useless, since I can not add it every time I will make changes in the zone in Plesk.

Back