• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Configuration SubDomain and Email

George.12

New Pleskian
Hello there,
I recently bought a dedicated server in OVH and installed PLESK ONXY (The server is on Windows 2008 R2). I already owned a domain in GoDaddy. I've set up PLESK from GUI installation.

Right now there is 2 issues:

1) In the goddady panel I have the names servers that GoDaddy provide to me. Also I have 1 more record of type 'A' with the IP of my dedicated server. I setting up WebMail from PLESK and I can send emails correctly, but the problem is that every email is marked as SPAM and google say that can't verify the domain.

2) Everytime that I tried to add a subdomain from plesk, I have to add the subdomain in my GoDaddy Panel.. otherwise it's not going to work. I know that maybe I'm missing some configuration but I don't know where to go.

Hello there,
I recently bought a dedicated server in OVH and installed PLESK ONXY (The server is on Windows 2008 R2). I already owned a domain in GoDaddy. I've set up PLESK from GUI installation.

Right now there is 2 issues:

1) In the goddady panel I have the names servers that GoDaddy provide to me. Also I have 1 more record of type 'A' with the IP of my dedicated server. I setting up WebMail from PLESK and I can send emails correctly, but the problem is that every email is marked as SPAM and google say that can't verify the domain.

2) Everytime that I tried to add a subdomain from plesk, I have to add the subdomain in my GoDaddy Panel.. otherwise it's not going to work. I know that maybe I'm missing some configuration but I don't know where to go.

Hello,
the easiest in your case will be to use your Plesk server as nameservers for your domain. This way , when you will add a new subdomain, the proper DNS records will be added automatically.
To do so, you need to :
- set Glue registry for your domain : to set your nameservers IP to your server IP
- replace Godaddy nameservers with the records added in the glue registry (ns1.yourdomain.ltd, ns2.yourdomain.ltd for example).

Hello,
the easiest in your case will be to use your Plesk server as nameservers for your domain. This way , when you will add a new subdomain, the proper DNS records will be added automatically.
To do so, you need to :
- set Glue registry for your domain : to set your nameservers IP to your server IP
- replace Godaddy nameservers with the records added in the glue registry (ns1.yourdomain.ltd, ns2.yourdomain.ltd for example).

Thanks for your answer.

So, right now in the panel of my ovh server I have some 'DNS Secondary' option where I have been added my domain like this way:

upload_2017-12-20_14-49-18.png

Then in my goddady panel:

upload_2017-12-20_15-20-12.png

When I try to change "NameServers" from ns19.domaincontrol.com (goddady default nameservers) to ns1.mydomain.com I got a message which say that
Error: Cannot find host object 'ns1.mydomain.com'

Thanks for your answer.

So, right now in the panel of my ovh server I have some 'DNS Secondary' option wheher I have been added my domain like this way:

View attachment 13871

Then in my goddady panel:

View attachment 13872

When I try to change "NameServers" from ns19.domaincontrol.com (goddady default nameservers) to ns1.mydomain.com I got a message which say that
Error: Cannot find host object 'ns1.mydomain.com'

Secondary DNS are a service provided by OVH to make sure your DNS servers will be redundant. But in nameservers, you still have to use your server as ns1 and sdns1.ovh.ca as second nameserver

No, follow this tutorial to create your own nameservers with your Plesk server :
Add my own host names as nameservers | Domaines - Aide GoDaddy FR

Then set your custom nameserver as primary nameserver (replace ns19.domaincontrol) and sdns1.ovh.ca as secondary naemserver (replace ns20.domaincontrol)

Thanks for your time @virtubox, now I'm getting this error message in goddady panel which I think is correct

Records
We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us.

Now, I should be able to manage the dns in my plesk panel right?

Well, thanks you. My subdomains that I create in PLESK now are working. But my emails still not working. I even added v=spf1 +a +mx +a:MY_SERVER_IP ?all in dns settings at plesk. I mean, the emails still outgoing to spam folder.

Email hosting require more configuration than a SPF records. But I haven't a good tutorial for Windows on my bookmarks.

Back