• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Configuration templates: nginx duplicate location ERROR

I turned off nginx so that I could run a image webp conversion plugin(it is a wordpress plugin). The plugin ran successfully. I then went to turn nginx back on and got this

ERROR EMAILED TO ME:​

Unable to generate the web server configuration file on the host <server02.talbotservices.com> because of the following errors:
Template_Exception: nginx: [emerg] duplicate location "/xmlrpc.php" in /var/www/vhosts/system/mandygulley.realtor/conf/vhost_nginx.conf:48
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php
line: 75
code: 0
Please resolve the errors in web server configuration templates and generate the file again.

ERROR SHOWING IN PLESK ADMIN AREA:​

New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: nginx: [emerg] duplicate location "/xmlrpc.php" in /var/www/vhosts/system/mandygulley.realtor/conf/vhost_nginx.conf:48 nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed. Detailed error descriptions were sent to you by email. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files. See the details in Configuration Troubleshooter
I have commented the xmlrpc related limes in the configuration file, but still getting error. I'm getting this error in

Webserver Configurations Troubleshooter while rebuilding the broken configuration

Error: Can not reconfigure web server configurations: Unable to execute httpdmng: [2023-06-05 16:22:15.663] 25680:647e43e94a328 ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginx-config' '-t'] with exit code [1]
[2023-06-05 16:22:16.047] 25680:647e43e94a328 ERR [panel] Apache config (16859965280.70714700) generation failed: Template_Exception: nginx: [emerg] duplicate location "/xmlrpc.php" in /var/www/vhosts/system/mandygulley.realtor/conf/vhost_nginx.conf:48

file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php
line: 75
code: 0
nginx: [emerg] duplicate location "/xmlrpc.php" in /var/www/vhosts/system/mandygulley.realtor/conf/vhost_nginx.conf:48

Nginx is running fine, we have restarted Nginx and httpd also. Could you please let us know how to resolve this issue?

Do you have an additional Nginx directives set in Websites & Domains > Apache & Nginx Settings?

Back