• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Configuration warning NGINX

podman99

Basic Pleskian
Kind of confused as to this one, why when nginx is disabled is plesk trying to build configurations for it and assigning IPS?

I would like to enable nginx really, but just clearing up issues from upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04.

Why would nginx be throwing the below IP issue. V6 Address is configured correctly on the server. (XXXX put in place of parts of the IP)

New files of configuration for Apache web server were not built due to errors in configuration templates: nginx: [emerg] bind() to [2001:XXXX:2300:XXXX::23]:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address) nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed . The detailed error message was e-mailed to you, so please check the e-mail, fix the errors, and click here to retry generating broken configuration or click here to retry generating of all configurations.

The IP address is assigned to the server, and when I click to rebuild all configurations it takes a little while, restarts apache and then when I click on home again it returns with the same message.??

IP is also listed as shared in Plesks IP manager.

Fixed :)

Fixed.

nginx did not de-configure /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng -d correctly and must have left references to IP's somewhere

Following de-configuration success the message above was removed.

I could then successfully run the following.

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng -e

which I can confirm from log files is now running successfully with nginx on port 80 and apache on 7080.

Back