• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question configure my nameserver

rawars

New Pleskian
Good afternoon, I have a query, how can I configure my nameserver? so that my clients point the dns of their domains? is there any guide?

Managing a solid master/primary and slave/secondary DNS server for use as nameservers with domains can be quite daunting.

If you're running a hosting environment for commercial use without any (or limited) DNS server knowledge it might worth using a external DNS service instead. Plesk has great extensions for external DNS servies you can install, such as Microsoft Azure DNS, Amazon Route 53 and DigitalOcean DNS. Perhaps not a direct right answer to your question, still I hope this post helps.

Hello, thanks for answering, let's see ... I'll tell you what we are doing, we mount an instance in amazon aws, in the instance we install plesk, but I have a question and it is the following: how can I configure the ns1 and ns2, we We come from cpanel, and we had to create a dns zone for the ns1 and ns2, but in plesk I am confused, because when I add a domain it automatically creates ns1 and ns2 records for that domain for example:

Our host is this cloudcity.host, already in the registry I put the NS records that point to the public ip of the server, then add the domain in plesk, then I go and point my first domain delysk.com to ns1.cloudcity.host and ns2.cloudcity.host but now they point me to ns1.delysk.com and ns2.delysk.com here the scan of the NS records:

It is supposed to point to ns1.cloudcity.host and ns2.cloudcity.host, additionally, I try to enter the domain delysk.com and it does not let me enter, could you guide me a bit please.

We want that when we want to add a new domain, we only point the domains to ns1.cloudcity.host and ns2.cloudcity.host.

DNS Zone Template:

1623338159108.png

DNS Settings for cloudcity.host
1623338235796.png
DNS settings for delysk.com
1623338269805.png

DNS configuration for the main domain cloudcity.host:

1623338374216.png

Thanks.

Back