• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Configure Plesk as MX backup and Smarthost for a domain.

linuxman1

Basic Pleskian
I tried to configure Plesk as MX backup for a domain and to act as Smarthost but had some issue, please recommend a better solution for this task?
An issue I am afraid to change Postfix configs manually because Plesk on an update may overwrite the configs or on plesk repair tries. what do you think i should do?

Unfortunately, configuration of this is outside of the plesk interface and you have to drop to the command line and update the postfix files.

I guess you wouldn't even need Plesk in order to achieve what you're doing... You could use some of the free control panels available or even go without any panels at all (which is harder to do, of course).

I couldn't, I found it's imposible to do it on Plesk, I had this setup working on Cpanel for years, but for Plesk there is no backup MX facility which I used at Cpanel from a long time to do so, so for this I setup a VM as external mail proxy outgoing and forwader using Postfix as Plesk will recognize any domain as local and will not forward emails to external server, I tried with Plesk, I believe it will not work! even when you work on CLI, besides Plesk may overwrite main.cf on upgrades or repairs.

Back