• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"Connection reset" after minor update, no errors logged

M

maurits

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT: Plesk Small Business Panel, VERSION: 10, MICROUPDATE: Can't tell since it's down, OPERATING SYSTEM: Centos 5.8, ARCHITECTURE x86_64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: This morning I got an email that Plesk updated itself, and mails from customers who can't access their control panel. When I try to open the panel, I just get a "connection was reset" error from the browser. I can't find any logfile that says anything useful. The only logged entry I can find when I try to access the panel is the http/302 (that is supposed to redirect me to the login page) in /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/httpsd_access_log. The browser's attempt to access the login page isn't logged anywhere in this directory or in /var/log/apache and I don't know where else to look. 'service psa status' suggests everything is up and running.

I don't expect a readymade solution here but at least a hint of where to look for an actual error message would be extremely helpful.

On a side note, I was pretty annoyed to find out I'm paying a monthly amount for a software package that destroys itself overnight, and then would have to pay extra to get a support ticket to get it fixed. So for Parallels' sake I hope this forum can be helpful.

I suggest you re-run the autoinstaller through SHELL and go through the upgrade there, possibily it will repair or get files that could have been missed in the automated panel installer ...

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller

I guess that worked, since Plesk fixed itself as magically as it destroyed itself the night before :) Nice to know that that's how it updates. I have a feeling a command line update would have indicated something 'minor' going wrong where the email just said it was successful.

So while the problem fixed itself, thanks for this hint, I'll probably need it in the future. :)

Maurits.

Back