• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Contact Form not sending if domain of email matches site

jtroher

Basic Pleskian
I've found something odd with our Web Presence Builder. It's on Windows, Plesk 11.0.9 MU#53. The contact form won't send if the recipient email address has the same domain as the website it is sending from. When hitting the Send button it does nothing at all, like the button doesn't work. If we change the recipient email to something with any other domain, it works fine and the email sends without a problem. Change it back to any email address containing the domain again and the send button stops working. Anyone else seen anything like this before?

I figured out the problem finally. We aren't using mail on that Plesk server so I had unchecked "Enable mail management functions in Panel" under "Tools & Settings"/"Mail Server Settings" and set the Mailbox limit for hostings to zero. I enabled the mail management functions, and set mailbox limits to 1 so I had the Mail tab available for the subscriptions to then go in and uncheck "Activate mail service on domain". Once I had that unchecked I was then able to change the recipient address on the contact form in the Web Presence Builder and it would then send. It would be nice if Plesk would default subscriptions to not have mail service activated on the domain if "Enable mail management functions in Panel" was disabled, and/or if you could access the Mail tab without having to set the mailbox limit to something other than zero so it could be disabled.

Back